- 1 oz Sarsparilla root
- 1 oz Sassafras root bark
- 1 oz Cherry bark
- 1/2 oz Licorice root
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 oz cinnamon
- 4 oz Raisins (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 c honey
- 1/2 c molasses
- 4 lb sugar
- 1 tsp wintergreen leaves
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients (except last 2) in a large boiler with 2 gallons water.
- Bring to a boil with constant stirring so sugars do not burn on bottom of pot.
- Lower temp and simmer mixture for approximately an hour.
- Strain and allow to cool to at least 100 deg then add vanilla extract.
- Pour in keg and add water to 5 gallons.
- Carbonate (I force carbonate as I don’t like any additional flavor caused by yeast).
ATTN: DO NOT MAKE THIS RECIPE. Sassafras root bark is a known carcinogen. This web site is for educational purposes only.